Thursday, April 08, 2010

Rachel & Paul's Wedding Cake

So, the last weekend in March, I had the privilege of going to my friend Rachel's wedding in Murfreesboro, TN, and helping Marie make the wedding cake. She did all of the baking on Thursday, but when I got there Friday morning, I helped with the icing and decorating. So, this cake was a joint effort by "the Cake Ladies," as we were known by many that weekend. Haha.

First, a picture of the finished product, at the wedding. Yep, those daisies are edible.



The cake was four tiers, with the bottom and top tiers being yellow cake, and the two middle tiers being carrot cake. There were two different types of icing--buttercream on the yellow layers, and cream cheese on the carrot layers, but Marie, being awesome, got them to match perfectly.

Look how cute Marie is, putting those layers together. 


And meet your host, Angela, about to spread on some icing!


Eek! The cake is naked! Except for it's first little daisy.


Almost complete!


And, a close up of the daisies and forget-me-nots. 

The wedding was a lot of fun, and everyone enjoyed the cake. It was great--we had just the right amount for all of the guests. Okay, this is making me hungry!

1 comment:

Robyn Van Dyke said...

Wow - I want to eat one of those flowers!! It looks SO tasty... must say the leaves look very realistic too! And I'm impressed with how perfectly smooth that buttercream looks! You are the cake master! ;)

Post a Comment